Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Benetton signed Tyrone Grant for a month


Benetton Basket addressed injury problems in its frontcourt by signing big man Tyrone Grant to a one-month deal.


The club reserves an option to extend the deal. Grant (202, 32) has extensive experience in the Italian League, playing in the past for Livorno, Avellino, Teramo, Milano, Bologna and Veroli. This season he has already suited up for Toulon in France and Ashkelon in Israel and he has also played in the past in Libya, Argentina and Lebanon. Grant will help make up for the absences of the injured Andrea Renzi and Jasmin Hukic. He is expected to make his Benetton debut on Tuesday against Cholet Basket, wearing uniform number 6.

"I am a number 4, a power forward, that is the best role that I play best," Grant said at his introduction. "I told general manager Lefebre that I would like to begin as soon as possible to fit in and I am ready to fight to help Benetton win. I know I have come to a very professional club. I saw the team in action a few times this year and I know that Neal is a great scorer and that the team is deep."


source : eurocupbasketball.com

Click here to return to the homepage.

0 comments: