Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Maccabi bring back Burstein for 3 seasons

Tal Burstein has signed a three-year contract with Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv. 


This will be his second term with the club, and the coming season will mark his tenth with the team. Blatt: This was one of the first things it was important to me to do upon my return to the club.”

Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv is delighted to announce that they have signed Tal Burstein to a contract for the next three years. Burstein played for Maccabi for nine seasons before moving to Fuenlabrada in Spain last season.

The talented guard began his career with Bnei Herzliya in 1997 – 1998 and was named Discovery of the Year. He came to Maccabi Tel Aviv for the 2000 – 2001 season, and played for the club for nine seasons, during which he won 8 local championships, 6 Israeli Cups and 3 European cups.Last season, the guard played for Spain’s Fuenlabrada, posting averages of 9.3 points, 2.4 rebounds, and 1.4 assists. Today, Burstein is also the captain of the Israeli National Team and will take part in the preliminary rounds of the European championship this summer.

After signing the contract, Tal Burstein said, “I am very happy and proud to come home. It will be a pleasure to work again with Derrick and David. I trust David to put together a great team, one that’s balanced and smart, as only he knows how to do. I had an exciting year in Spain, but there’s nothing like coming home to Israel, to Maccabi, and to Nokia Arena. I hope to spend the rest of my career here.”

Maccabi head coach David Blatt, in a telephone interview from Russia said, “This was one of the first things it was important to me to do upon my return to the club.I really like Tal personally, and he’s a very important player and figure for Maccabi Tel Aviv.This is just the beginning of the return of the unique Israeli character of the team.”


source : maccabi.co.il

Click here to return to the homepage.

0 comments: