Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Partizan names Vlada Jovanovic new coach

After Dusko Vujosevic left Partizan to sign for CSKA on Friday, the club turned around and tabbed his assistant as the new head coach.


Vlada Jovanovic, 37, who spent the last five years working under Vujosevic, has been handed the reins to the club. Jovanovic won five Serbian League championship titles with Partizan, four Adriatic League crowns and three Radivoj Korac Cup trophies. Last summer he coached the Serbian under-18 national team at the European Championships in France where they won the gold medal.

"It is big honor for me to lead a club like Partizan," Jovanovic said. "I am grateful to president Predrag Danilovic and sporting director Dragan Todoric, and most of all to Dusko Vujosevic, who recommended me. That means lot to me and I will do my best to justify that trust. Partizan is big club not only in Serbia, but in Europe and I am honored to coach one of Europe’s greats."

source : euroleague.net


Click here to return to the homepage.

0 comments: